Yoga Shakti Youth Program
Saturdays 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
$150 for a series of 12 classes
The Shakti Yoga Youth program is a complete yoga practice of postures, breathing, healthy eating and peer relationship-building for children between the ages of 5 and 15.
If children learn to keep their bodies healthy, their minds calm, have self-confidence and work well with peers, they will have a roaring start in life.
This unique program helps give children the ability to achieve:
- A state of calm and well-being through vigorous exercise paired with continuous breath control
- A healthy body through strength and flexibility exercises and nutritious snacks that promote healthy eating habits
- Self confidence through mastering increasing levels of difficulty in each pose
- Peer relationships and social skills through fun games that foster teamwork and comradery
- Sports conditioning through attention to balance, discipline, coordination and body awareness for injury protection
The Teachers of Shakti Yoga Youth
Every class is unique in that it has a high teacher-to-student ration. This ensures that each student receives the care and instruction necessary for a traditional yoga practice.
All four teachers — Merilee, Ellen, Joy and Lynn — are graduates of Yoga Shakti Advanced Yoga Studies and posess their 200 hour certification through Yoga Alliance, one of the top certification programs in the country.
Each teacher has a dedicated daily practice of yoga and brings years of experience to every class.
For complete teacher bios, visit the Teachers page.